The indoor flying season is an opportunity to have some fun flying electric powered micro-aircraft in an indoor setting. These type of aircraft include airplanes, helicopters, and multicopters. All of these can be purchased ready-to-fly, built from kits, or designed and built from scratch. Please join us to have some fun flying with other pilots and to experience the challenge and fascinating technology of lightweight remote controlled flight. Spectators are welcome too.
Indoor flying will be held most Tuesdays, beginning October 18, 2016, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Tuesdays falling near major holidays have not been scheduled as flying dates and some flying sessions may need to be cancelled if the church unexpectedly needs use of the church gym or if the Grand Ledge Schools are closed due to bad weather. E-mail notification will be provided as soon as possible beforehand if cancellation of a flying date is required (please check your e-mail before heading out to the church). There will be separate time increments alloted for groups of pilots flying airplanes and helicopters/multicopters depending on the need for flying space.
- Dates: Tuesdays, during the winter. Check calendar for details.
- Time: 10a - 1p, each day.
- Location: Grand Ledge Baptist Church, 1120 West Willow Highway, Grand Ledge, MI
- Parking: Free, west side of the church facilities
- Restroom facilities available
- Contest Director: Marv Thomson
- Landing Fee: $5.00
- Current AMA Required
- Flying area: full size (84’ x 50‘) high school basketball gym with additional room along the sides.
- All aircraft
- Must utilize electric propulsion.
- May not exceed 2.5 oz.
- Airplanes weighing 1.5oz or greater, must have wing loading and maneuverability, so that aircraft may be flown under positive control, within the flying area.
- Home built kit airplanes as well as in-home designed and built airplanes are permitted
- Fixed pitch single rotor fixed and coaxial may not exceed 4 oz.
- Collective pitch may not exceed 2 oz.
- Multicopters/Quadcopters may not exceed 6 oz.
- Multicopters weighing greater than 2 oz. must have propeller guards installed
Special rules for indoor flying
CARDS Rules: Only pilots are allowed in the flying area. Spectators are welcome along the sides of the gym near the entryway.
Church Rules: No smoking, alcohol, or illegal drugs are allowed on the premises. Language must be respectful of church members and the surrounding church facilities.